If you have an injury, medical condition or disability that could benefit from a program of exercise or activities, Biosymm’s exercise physiologists can help.
At Biosymm, we understand the importance of healthy and pain-free movement and function to maintain our busy independent daily lives.
Our expert exercise physiologists can provide you with a personal program of exercise interventions and activities to support your health, recovery and reduce or manage your pain.
This is not a personal training plan with membership or subscription fees. It’s a tailored exercise plan developed just for you.
How can Biosymm’s exercise physiologists help?
Our experienced exercise physiologists can help you achieve better health and fitness by using safe and effective exercise programs.
We work with people who have chronic medical conditions, injuries, or surgeries, and other active people to improve performance.
Exercise physiologists can make exercise accessible and beneficial to your health and recovery regardless of your current fitness level.
Some of the ways our team can help include:
- Supporting people with chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, and obesity by designing safe and effective exercise programs to improve their health.
- Helping people recover from injuries and health conditions such as strokes and surgeries by developing rehabilitation exercise programs that promote healing and improve function.
- Helping people to prevent further injury from falls and support their mental health or better manage depression and anxiety.
- Supporting sedentary people become more physically active by introducing them to the benefits of regular exercise, helping them set realistic goals, and guiding them through appropriate and safe exercises.
Frequently asked questions
What can exercise physiology help with?
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Bone conditions (i.e. arthritis, osteoporosis)
- Neurological conditions (i.e. stroke, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis)
- High blood pressure
- Mental health, depression and anxiety
Do I need a referral?
You don’t need a referral to book with Biosymm Physiotherapy, but if you do come to us as part of a Medicare plan, please bring your referral to your initial appointment.
How long is an exercise physiology appointment?
Initial appointment – 45 minutes
This appointment involves a thorough assessment of your movement, strength and fitness, as well as a discussion about your medical and exercise history.
This allows us to provide you with a clear diagnosis and understanding of your condition.
You will leave the appointment with an individualised exercise and lifestyle program to suit you and your goals.
Follow up appointment – 30 minutes
Follow-up consultations involve supervised exercise sessions to assist with the delivery of your program, as well as provide feedback on technique and progressions for your program.
Strength for Life group exercise sessions – 60 minutes
These classes are designed for those aged 50 and over to stay strong, active and fit.
With individually tailored exercise programs for each participant, all are delivered and supported in a fun and friendly group setting.
- Need a referral from GP
- Max 6 per class
- Requires initial consult before starting class
Speak to our friendly team if you’re unsure on which appointment is right for you.